Thursday, August 30, 2018

Portland Trip Part Two

So guys, part two of the trip!  It was so much fun!  I really am just sharing the bare highlights of the whole thing.

Tuesday, Cotton Top and his colleague were jammed packed at their conference.  So her granddaughter, Volly, and I spent the day at the whole Washington Park complex.  We started out with the Zoo.  Now, I will be honest, I have never been to a proper, normal zoo before.  I know that is crazy, but I haven't ever really thought to go before!

There were a few parts that were closed because they are expanding Africa, but it was so much fun!  We both just wanted to pet and snuggle just about ever critter that came across our way.

I am just going to share some quick pictures with you guys of the animals.  I don't want to bore you with a virtual zoo trip, but I love me some animals!


 





I just love this little guy.  He was "having his lunch" on a random bench at the zoo.  I just love some whimsy!


When we had finished up at the zoo, we took the park van over to the Japanese Gardens and Rose Garden.

I really wish that I could have spent more time at the Japanese Gardens.  By the time we got there, we were physically exhausted, but didn't want to lose time by "taking it in" at the gardens.  We still had one more stop and didn't want to run out of steam or time.  It was so stunning through and the way it had grown up, made its own climate within the whole park.

If you are ever in Portland, go to the gardens!  It was really special.  Their own website will do a much better job at telling their history.  Please, go and check that out! Japanese Garden History

This garden really was restful and rejuvenating.



















Our last stop in the park was the Rose Garden.  Holy Cow!  No picture will really show you the magnitude of roses in this garden.  No, unless you have ever been standing in terraced garden where you can only see roses for your whole view...  You can't understand... I was reading that there are over 10,000 bushes and almost 700 varieties!

The smell was the most amazing perfume you could imagine.  It isn't rose scented.  It smells luscious, green, floral and clean!  The whole complex smells super clean, but the smell of a garden jammed with flowers...  It was just a dream!  I took a lot of pictures for color planning and inspiration.  I was so over whelmed I couldn't get a good picture to show you the magnitude of this garden!








I tried so hard to get a good picture or video, but I couldn't get even half of the garden in a shot with either camera.

The Rose Garden was our last stop of the day.  We took the train back into downtown and met back up with Volly's grandmother and Cotton Top for the night.  The two of us were exhausted.  My Fitbit saw this as 25,000 steps and 47 flights of stairs and that was before the night's walk to dinners and events!

Wednesday, we really didn't do anything exciting.  Volly and I were still worn out from the park, hiking around Mt. Hood and Cannon Beach the days before!  So, we kept it simple and went to the mall.  We had planned on doing some more local shopping, but we just didn't have the energy left.  Volly was also starting to get sick by that morning.

We found her some great clothes for back to school but the biggest find for me was a Bigfoot softie! Now, I know that this sounds silly for a grown woman, but I really wanted a Bigfoot to go with my Champ softie from our Montreal/Vermont trip a few years ago.  I now have two cryptid softies living on my vanity.  I took this after my nap, so excuse my messier than normal look.


So, for now, I am going to wrap this up.  When I come back later this weekend, I will have Thursday's adventure and what have I worked on since then!  I was super sick for a whole week after we got home, so there was quite a bit of sofa time when I got home.

Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing