Tuesday, January 23, 2018

What did I get done last week?

This past weekend was actually pretty exciting on this front.  I spent a lot of time during the week working on getting my house back together from the holiday fanfare of the last 31/2 months and getting my menu planning back on track.  It took until Friday for me to get to my craft room and do anything up there.  Thursday I did have my Prayer Shawl meeting, so some work did get done while I was there.

Friday I started working on this paper weaving project.


Okay, it doesn't look like much there.  I was working on an idea I had for the shadow box that I am working on.  After a few hours, I got to this point. By this point, I knew that this wasn't going to work for my project, but I didn't want to box it up as a WIP that would turn into a UFO.  So I pushed though. 


I do like the way it looks, it just doesn't work for this project.  So, now, I have 4 random 4.5 inch squares to use in other projects.



While I was cleaning this month, I came across a small box that was in another box of random bits.  Inside were Scrabble tiles I set aside a few years ago to make a magnet out of.  Well, after a few years, this 5 second project did get done.  I can not express how loudly my eyes are rolling at my laziness right now.



 

Thursday night, at Prayer Shawl, my friend Peggy told me that she was working on some hats for Little Hats, Big Heart.  I have random balls and skeins of red yarn...  Why not!  Our office is doing their final round up in February.  Let's see how many I can get done.  This weekend, I crocheted these 8 hats.

I did a range of Premie, Newborn and 0-3 months for these.  I will keep all of the hats that I do in this range.  This actually used up 2 random left over balls of Ella Rae yarn I have had in my stash for AGES!  I don't even know where it came from.  I think it might have been something I was given many years ago when I was blogging about learning to knit.



I didn't have enough yarn left from doing my 8th hat to crochet even an extra small preemie hat, so I rolled it over to my on going scrap Hexie Blanket basket. 


I started this in the Summer of 2017.  Last Lenten season, I my goal was to make one shawl a week.  When I was done, I had a lot of bits left from the Premier Sweet Rolls I was using.  If you haven't looked at these or Caron Cakes, the left overs are really unusable unless you are doing a scrappy project.  I got 2 full hexies out of the red and while my bin was out, I decided to use up the bits from the the shawl, headband and scarf that I had already dropped in there. 



I got 24 hexies out of the bin and got all of the ends woven in.  So I am now up to a total of 240.  My goal is 400 before I start sewing them together.  Here are my first 200. 



The last project I worked on was designing this shirt for myself.  Coffee fuels my days, so yes, coffee is always a good idea!


Well,  I feel like this week was a success.  I can't see a dent yet in my room, but I do have a lot that got done!

Thank you all for your support!  I can't wait to see what you are working on!

2 comments:

  1. you had a full and productive week.
    At this pace you will see a dent soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really hoping so! I don't know if each week will have such a variety of stuff getting finished or photographed, but I am going to keep going as strong as I can every week!

      Delete

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing