Friday, August 10, 2018

Yarn Sales Are KILLING Me!

For the most part, I haven't too many issues with staying clear of buying more yarn.  I have been very happy with the reduction of my stash.  My room looks so much cleaner when I don't have yarn falling all over the place...  I haven't spent much on yarns, but I am a sucker for the caked yarns' color stories (I got a few balls of Sugar Wheel from Hobby Lobby on their big clearance).  This last 2 weeks though have been torture!  Everywhere I look, there are Caron Cakes for $3, Sugar Wheels for 30% off, fluffy rovings for $4, Vanna's Choice for $.99 (I did grab those, there were 6 balls of gray on that clearance)...  All of the yarns I want to use all of the time were on sale and in front of me everywhere!

Here I am doing my best to not buy what I don't need and even Wal-Mart is rubbing my nose in it.  I am not saying that never did I find super sale, bonus clearance yarns before, but the more than 50% off sales I did buy from were big deals for everyone including me!  These were Holy Grails; myths until we saw them in real life.  Now, every time I turn around there is a 75% off clearance and I want them so badly!

Let me remind you all how little I need yarn...  The big yarn wall is my "For Me" horde/stash.  All of that yarn is just for me, only for me and no plans of sharing it!  Well, we all know that isn't 100% true, I still do a lot of charity work out of that yarn.  The small yarn wall, under my wreath on the far left, is my charity yarn wall.  This has been collected, gifted or purchased to make charitable donations.  What does this all mean?  Carrie Doesn't Need More Yarn! 

Let's be honest here, the Great Craftdown of 2018 might just push over into 2019!  I have considered getting a knitting machine to work things a little quicker.  I love doing boarders so I could flat knit a blanket in "no time" and hand crochet or knit a boarder onto it.  Or doing hats on the circular knitting machines and finishing by hand...  Just so I can work my stash quicker.  That still would leave me with my horde of paper and fabrics to work through, but...  That would take my stash down by 1/3...

ARGH!  First World Problems! 

Speaking of working through stashes... 

I haven't started anything new (Thank Goodness!) but I have made progress on what I am working on...  My C2C Rainbow Scrapghan is coming along.  Apparently I measured wrong again, but I have
a fix that works so I will be keeping it under 7 feet long!  I just started adding in the green yesterday.  This is the last bit before I start decreasing, so I guess I am just over the 50% mark!

I also have been planning my projects for the flight and while I am on holiday.  This is what will be in checked bag, yes, I always start packing at least a week before we leave.  I am terrified I will forget something actually important.  I have a clipboard of patterns in there somewhere.


I am taking this on my flight though.  I am not sure why I didn't stay on top of my hexies like I have done for the last 16 months, but apparently I lost my mind and forgot...  At least it will be easy flight crafting.  Maybe it isn't as bad as it looks, there are some finished hexies in the bottom too...  Still!  That is a lot of scrap yarn! 

You guys!  I had this whole bin empty of yarn after Nilla Waffer joined us for Grandma baby sits time...  It hasn't been that long.  I know that Summer break is almost over, but where did all of that yarn come from?!

I suppose that is about it for what is going on here!  I hope that you all take care and I hope to have something to post next week!

Hugs and Kisses!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing