Saturday, August 18, 2018

I am so sorry Neil Penney in TX...

So guys, I just got back from Portland, Oregon.  I loved our trip over all, the flight there went just fine (other than TSA covering my laptop in white powder and hiding the slip that showed they went through my whole bag), the natural beauty was enough to bowl me over, spending my birthday at waterfalls...  

The way back across the country was another story...  So American Airline texted us on the way to the airport that our flight to Dallas, TX was delayed so late that we had no way to make our flight back home.  We go to the ticket counter as our flight is getting further and further and further delayed...We can't see any way to get home before 10 pm the following day...  We stop and grab a doughnut at Blue Star (I got Cointreau Creme Brulee - go and get one now!) and slowly made our way to get our luggage from the car (because our flight had been delayed beyond 4 hours and we couldn't check it until 4 hours before flight time).  As we are trying to get all of this sorted out, they kept accidentally printing tickets and baggage tickets for Neil Penney because he was on the same initial flight as us.  We should have known...


We ran into some of our travel companions and they found a Delta flight to Salt Lake to Charlotte, NC....  Well, that didn't come up in our search...  So...  We traipse across from Gate D5 to C19 to find an agent to look and see what we can find because obviously we missed a combo of flights...  We finally found a United flight with a connector in Houston, TX.  We described our bags, gave them the check bag numbers, told them the names on the bags to pull from check luggage and they were going to transfer them to the United flight.


We land... after a SUPER cramped set of flights (we had First Class upgrades with American at least part of our trip-economy on United).  We make our way out to baggage claim.  There weren't too many people waiting around the carousel so we knew it wouldn't be too long for us to be on the way back to the house!

Out pops Cotton Top's duffel with his flair from his conference, out comes his black duffel with his dirty clothes and then out pops my small roll bag...  No over sized, 52 pound roll bag...  We wait... We wait and the last bag to pop out has a rather large tag with the name Neil Penney on it...  CRAP!  They pulled this poor guy's bag and not mine.  It was moved airlines, it was sent half way across the country...  So instead of going home, I had to report my bag missing and say a prayer they could find a way to get me my bag...

This morning (Saturday) American called Cotton Top and informed him that we "left our bag" in Dallas and they were holding it for us...   He explained that it wasn't left in Dallas, it was supposed to be on our United flight, then it was requested by United to be sent here, and now he was requesting that it was put on a plane to our airport because without it I will have to buy things like jeans, curling iron, hair dryer, ceramic roll brush...  "Oh, if you have things you need in the first 48 hours go buy them and we will reimburse you if it is a necessity item!"  What is a necessity item?!  My mascara, my yarn projects, my curling iron?!  What do you consider a necessity item?!

The 8 pm drop off time came and went so we called United and the last thing they had was the request to American.  We called American and they just left it sitting in Dallas...  Yes, they ignored the description of my bag in the first place, United requesting it, Cotton Top telling them to send it through, and now we are hoping for a Sunday delivery...  If it isn't on a plane by 10:34 am tomorrow morning, I am going to have to start replacing things for the next few days including my jeans, workout pants, make-up, curling iron, hair dryer...  I don't own cheap stuff...  I don't want two of these things...  So I am hoping that my bag will be here tomorrow.

Since by bag is still MIA, I can't show you much of anything from the trip as all of my goodies were in that bag...

To make this comedy even funnier...  I think I have a cold now...  At least I will be on Eastern time by Monday when I have Tater Tot and Nilla Wafer!  

I am going to be sharing a video on Youtube soon I think.  I have two ideas that I want to move to a video format.  There will be a written blog post to go with most, but I think a video will be a better way to share.  More to come!

I hope that you guys have a wonderful day and I will update you all as soon as I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing