Thursday, March 29, 2018

The End of Lenten Hats Collection

The Great Craftdown of 2018 has been going strong so far and I am pleased to see where I am going with this.  I wish I could see a larger dent in my craft room...  But I feel like I am getting things done slowly yet surely.

This is Holy Week, so I have worked on and finished my last two hats for Clean of Heart.  Last week I added two more striped half double hats last week.  This week I made yet another Wanderlust Beanie.  The second hat I made ended up being a creation of my own.  I started a pattern but even reading, rereading and making progress though...  The pattern was horrible.  I am not sure where the pattern went sideways, but following the directions was never going to give me the texture shown.  I was too far along to want to FROG, so I did my own thing.  I am going to write this pattern down and reverse it so the hat is reversible.  I love the texture created by the front post double crochet.

Not only did I want to share with you all the last two week's worth of hats, but a finale picture.  I have all of my ends woven in and they will go to Clean of Heart next week.  I am rather pleased with the fact I was able to get these all ready to go and met my devotion goal of two a week.  I know that doesn't seem hard, but the last two months have been very busy here.

I have been working on some of my scrap projects this week.  I got 27 Granny Hexies done.  I am getting so close to having enough to start putting together my blanket.  I have half a ball of Sugarwheel from Hobby Lobby that I am working into hexies right now.  It was just taking up room upstairs and it offers some really pretty colors.  The half ball was left over from a shawl last year.



I also took my more masculine left overs from the hats and worked them into 12" granny squares for another blanket.  I think I am going to keep that one shades of blue and gray.  I already have 2 shades of gray and blue in it already.  I have some blues in my craft room to do lapghans and baby blankets with so blue scraps won't be hard to come by.

I accidentally finished the Plum Pudding baby blanket.  Last weekend while we were running errands and getting things done, I took it with me.  By the end of Saturday, I was so close to being done, I just worked it through.  It honestly confuses me every single time how long it takes me to get to the half way mark and how fast I can get it finished after that.  But I now have my second baby blanket to donate this year.

I got my Easter Cards out last week.  I shared my toppers in a previous post.  Last week I glued them onto the bases and decorated in the insides.  I started my Easter cards out with; 3 6x6 pads of Doodlebug Easter Express paper, 3 long stickers sheets and one roll of washi tape.  This is all I have left in "scraps" after decorating the insides.  I wanted to use up as much as I possibly could.  There were a lot of pieces that weren't great on their own but were perfect to add to the insides of back of the finished cards.  I am super impressed with myself over what little bit I have left over.  I have some 5x7 cards and 6x6 that didn't go out this year, so these last few scraps with find their way used for those next year.

Finally the last thing I worked on was the final pair of slippers that I sold.  I am done with the slippers for a little while.  They are really fun and easy to make but children's sizing is very hard when they are between child's and adult sized shoes.

Time has been rather short this week.  After almost exactly one year, we are finally getting our entry area into the house painted and fixed.  We are also painting the landing at the top of the front stairs.  This is the last part of the house to be done since we moved last year.  We actually closed April 1st 2017.  Troy has spent this week trying to patch holes from where we needed to remove the old 1970's key style security system panels in the foyer.  We are also having to do some clean up on the wall around our HVAC intake vent. 

I am hoping to be done with both parts of the house by next weekend.  I don't know how much we will get done the next few days, with Easter and Troy's work schedule; but I really want to have this done so we can finally decorate and be done.  Also having it half painted for the last week has been driving us both nuts!

I don't know what I will post about next week, maybe a finished foyer and landing...  But until next week, take care!

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing