Thursday, March 22, 2018

Two Week Wrap Up - I am still going over here

Hey guys!  So...  Yeah, it has been two weeks since I updated you on what I am working on.  Sorry, I am sure that you were roaming your homes with glasses of wine and curlers in your hair worried that I had vanished, given up or just didn't care enough to post.  The truth is, the last two weeks have been super busy for us.  Friends, family and just work!

I have been crafting, it has just been super slow since I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and be left alone.  Almost every time I have sat down I have been too exhausted to move at the end of the day. 

I know you guys don't really want to hear about the insanity that is my daily life (let's be honest, it isn't things that we don't all experience-not juicy gossip).  So on with Carrie's progress in "The Great Craftdown of 2018".

So I did get two hats done each week and part of my Lenten devotion.  You can tell that I am still in love with the Wanderlust Beanie as it made yet another appearance!  I also tried a new for me pattern from Jenniefer Andersson called The Fisherman's Hat.  I liked the pattern, but it did need some tweaking.  I also made a striped hat from Kara Gunza called Basic Striped Crochet Hat.  I enjoyed being able to use up some more scrap yarns from previous hats.

I officially hit the 50% mark on my Dr Who scarf.  I spend one morning weaving in the ends up to a where I was 2 weeks ago, so some of the tedious finishing work is already complete.  It is already over 5 feet long.  The pattern says that it will stretch with wear so it will be almost 12 feet by the time I am wearing it!  I can't wait!



I made 6 pairs of slippers.  I made two for myself and shared them on my personal Facebook page.  I then ended up with an order for 2 pairs.  I have had to remake one of them 3 times though.  Maybe in the future I will write up a whole post about how children and toddler sizes aren't just mini adult sizes... I didn't get pictures of the ones that I sold, however here are my two pair.  The pattern is Sunday Ballet Slippers from Ashlea Konecny.


My Plum Pudding blanket is also almost to the 50% mark.  I have 3 rows before I turn the corner on it.  I didn't get a picture this week because it looks the same, a large pink and purple triangle...  I hope to have more done on it next week.

And that is all I have had a chance to work on.  It has been super slow going and very busy around here, so not much time to do anything.  I got my St. Patrick's Day cards out (the few I could stand to make), I did a lot of cleaning before my brother and sister-in-law came for a visit and I did my best to keep on top of errand running.

My goal for this week is to turn the corner on my Plum Pudding blanket, finish the insides of my Easter Cards and get those out this weekend (I want to do some minor decorating in those), I am also hoping to start something interesting to post about and maybe finish something that is still in WIP purgatory.  As it will be Holy Week next week, I can't guarantee how much I will get done though.  It is a busy week for us.

I hope that you guys are having a wonderful week so far and I can't wait to see if you are following along with me.  Hopefully you will start sharing your projects with me.  I want to see what you are working on!

1 comment:

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing