Thursday, March 1, 2018

Easter is around the corner!

Sorry guys, my post is way late this week.  I have been feeling under the weather, so everything has taken twice as long to get done.  I have also been working on finishing up my Easter Cards since I was working on them in the living room not my craft room.  This post is going to be very picture heavy and no nearly as much writing as normal.

So, lets see what I got done this last week.  First the Easter Cards.  I worked on these for 4 days in my free time.  I wanted to see how far to could take 3 6x6 pads, 2 12x12 sheets, 1 roll of washi tape, and 2 sticker Icon sheets.  I have to say, I am rather impressed at how far things went.  I haven't attached the card tops to the cards yet, but that takes relatively no time compared to design.  Total, I ended up with 90 cards.  The "leftovers" I will use on the insides of the cards when I attach them to the card bases.  So I will come back and update you guys on what really was left over in the end.

I had a number of unique cards this time around.  So this section will be very picture heavy!
A2 landscape playing with the washi

All of the 6x6

A2 landscape cards
A2 mostly using sketches


A7 cards from 12x12 paper
A2 using scrap paper bases


A2 landscape

Work in progress

Left over washi and stickers
Leftover papers
















































I did get two hats done for Clean of Heart this last week.  I am still in love with the Wanderlust Beanie pattern.  I used Red Heart With Love for these.  If you are looking for a hat pattern that is just lush and soft, I recommend this pattern.  Kristen Halloway really made a pattern that is interesting to work and results in a very neutral texture design.  The "Designer's Witchcraft" is strong with this one!  I haven't seen a crochet pattern that works like this one in a long time.






I did spend some time on working through some cotton yarn.  I got two face "scrubbies" done.  I think these might get given out as gifts later this year.  I don't know.  I might try to sell them on social media/Craigslist as well.  I don't like working with cotton that much or at least worsted weight cotton.  It is too rough and hurts my hands to work with.  These small projects are perfect way to just run through my left overs.  I used the Cotton Face Scrubby pattern.  Very easy to memorize and also would be a great on the go project.

I did have some leftover yarn for 10 hexies to add to my stash.  I am still surprised it is taking me so long to have enough to make a blanket with.  I am not ending up with the normal amount or expected amount of left overs at the end of projects.  I suppose that is a good thing, but just unexpected.







I did start another scrapghan on the side the last two weeks.  This one has more masculine colors that don't work for my hexies.  These use much larger scraps than I would normally break down into hexies.  There will be some cross over but not much.  These granny squares are almost 12 inches finished.  So far the hats for donations scraps is the only thing I have used.  I have some other half balls floating around that I might add in from the craft room.

There was a little progress made on the C2C baby blanket.  This is in my travel bag, so it goes with me when Troy is driving, I know there will be a waiting room or just pull it out when I  have a minute.  These kinds of projects are very slow going, however, I always have something to take when I am running out the door.

I didn't get much work done on the Doctor Who Scarf this week as I moved my personal projects over to the Easter Cards.  I am not going to show a picture because it would look the same as last week's.

Projects done
Money spent
That about wraps up what I did this week!  I did want to end with a picture of my list of things I have worked on this year.  I am keeping track as I go.  I also have a picture of what I have spent this year total.  So far so good on the costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing