Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Hats, Scarf and Cards--- Where did the week go?!

Go and check this artwork out, I own about 5 of her prints!
Today I wanted to start off with some cards and a minor rant...  I ADORE Doodlebug papers.  My fingers are so itchy to buy when I seem them 50% off a Joann's.  I don't even want to work with it, I want to horde it like a dragon.  I want the washi, the paper, the die cuts, the stickers, the icons...  I WANT IT ALL!!!!  See dragon below.  (Shoot! I need this print too now!)



With that said...  The Pot O' Gold collection was horrible to work with.  Not that images weren't cute.  They were, but for the love of all that is crafty!  This collection just was such a mismatch of sentiments.  There was so much Valentine's Day over laid with St. Patrick's Day.  It really didn't lend itself to to St. Patrick's Day cards through out.  I was able to use more of the love themes for my grand-kids' cards and things to send my family with kinder; but very hard to create general greetings for friends...  And while the frogs are green and super adorbs; they aren't really in theme. 

I also worked with Echo Park Lucky Charm...  Same thing except really uninspiring for scrapping or card making.  It was very lack luster to me.  It was very hard to work with the journaling cards to create cards that were general for sending to friends.  

There are a few more cards that haven't been finished yet that use both paper sets.  I also have a lot of left overs that could be incorporated with something for next year maybe.  Right now though, even as a beginner, I am burned out from the energy it took to make this happen this far.

There are some duplicates.  I used a few sketches to help me with inspiration to maybe get more from it...  This was just so much harder than it had to be.

 I haven't decided what the inside of the cards will say, because of the nature of the cards.  I am going to have to have different things for different groups.


The next thing paper craft things is a set of Sock Monkey Cards.  This are a work in progress.  I am still trying to figure out how to get a lot of cards, but keep the monkey theme prominent.  The set is made for scrapbooking, so there are only 8 monkey stickers to use.  I may have to break out my Cricut to see what I can do to make more embellishments.


I had a rough day of fails last night.  I was so happy to end with finding red glitter rick-rack tape in my washi bin.  It looks so cute with the paper and a great accent to the more plain start on the first cards.

PS I am pretty sure that came from the Dollar Tree years ago.  How cute!

I did get two hats done to donate.  As I said last week, I am wanting to crochet or knit two hats a week during Lent this week.  I used two balls left over from the Harry Potter Blanket (still haven't had time to block the blocks). 

The pattern I used for these is Wanderlust Beanie I am in love with the texture on these.  I think I will use the same pattern again this week.  The fabric stretches over the head easily but is super snuggly on the head.  I may have to come back to this pattern after Lent and make one for myself along with the matching scarf.  I am sure I have a worsted weight in a pink or purple I could use.

Look at that texture!  This is done with some FPDC and BPDC.  So much fun and not hard to work on.  The worst part was bad lighting because it was back to being super moopy again this past weekend.





The final thing for me to share from crafting is my progress on the Doctor Who Scarf.  I am still not 25% done yet.  I am still having fits with the ends.  I tried to weave in as I went and it just isn't working.  So now I am going to have to use my needle...  So in other words, it might take me 6 years to "finish" this scarf.  At least I won't have to block it...

Good news, I will be watching my grandson a lot the next two weeks, so I will have a good deal of time where I won't be able to leave the living room.  Maybe I will get some work done on the variegated baby blanket and the scarf.  I am not sure how well he will behave without me being in eye sight.  Normally he is pretty good for me, but with a toddler, you never know who is showing up hour to hour.

Here is to more progress on working the stash down.

Love and joy to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing