Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I only spent $10 but still made progress on my stash

January has ended.  Carrie did good at staying on budget.  I am up to $10 spent on the year.  I got 2 6x6 paper pads and some sticker gems.  Nothing super exciting.  My Hobby Lobby also hasn't finished their markouts yet so who know what will happen as February continues.

This week wasn't super exciting to write about what I got done.  The few paltry pictures will show that work did get done, but it wasn't overly exciting.

First off, I did make A LOT of headway in the Harry Potter blanket.  So much so, that it might be done this time next week.  That is at least the crocheted half of it.  I am half way through the last block right now, so I am pretty excited. 

My next steps will be adding black and gold boarders to the blocks, steam blocking them, attaching bordering and then backing.  I am not looking forward to backing this blanket.  I have never felt the need to back crochet before.  This time it really needs it.  The small space I worked in made it hard to make it truly reversible like the Doctor Who blanket.  This is also going to be a baby blanket.  So I would really like that added backing for stability and cushion.  This would be a great throw on the floor kind of blanket, or a nice one to drape/hang.  So I want it to really be durable for either use.

If any of you know a good place to find Harry Potter Flannel...  I didn't see things that were generic, just the photo print or the British illustration print.  I would really like to have something that has the crest, HP, lighting bolts and broom sticks.  Maybe I need to find a set of sheets to cut apart.



Since I bought the yarn for this project planning on it being much larger...  I have a lot of left overs.  I am pretty excited though.  I was able to easily identify my next medium sized project just looking at my bag sitting here.  What will it be you ask, well a Doctor Who Scarf of course!  Every girl needs a 9 foot scarf for those lonely days waiting to hear and alien man shout, "Run!"  As I am down to the end of the HP project, I did pull the balls for the scarf in their own basket ready to be started. 
 The red tone leftovers will be used to make more hats for Little Hats Big Hearts.  The rest of the "left overs" are in a shopping bag waiting for an idea to strike me.  I am thinking some hats for men at the Men's Shelter for next year.  Maybe some granny blocks for lapghans.

Speaking of Little Hats Big Hearts.  I did finish off the last of the ball from last week's post.  I got two more hats out of it.  I didn't see any more red sitting in my stash waiting on a project, so I am going to have to play it by ear on doing more in the future.  I might uncover a whole stash of it hiding too.  I think I have some random boxes of yarn in my workout room and bedroom that are still in boxes from the move last year.

My last thing worth taking pictures of or talking about was the baby blanket.  I did get it finished.  I won at yarn chicken.  I have about 4 yards that got thrown in the basket for Hexie making.  The next one is already started, but it isn't worth a picture yet. 

The new one is in shades of purple and pink.  It will be my "car project".  When ever Troy is driving, I keep a bag in the kitchen of my "car project" so I can grab it as we walk out the door.  It is also the project I take to doctor's appointments or to keep my hands busy while visiting someone.  They take me a lot longer to finish, but they are made in my "wasted time" and there isn't a lot of that going around.

I hope that the next post is a little more exciting.  I still don't see a difference in my craft room because everything has been stuff that was already set aside as a whole project.  My next large project is the same way sadly.

I hope you guys have a wonderful week!  And don't forget, if you are following along, post your own pictures in the comments below.  I would love to see what you are working on as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing