Monday, April 9, 2018

What happened last week?!

After last Tuesday, I am really not sure what I did with my week.  I will be honest...  It was a blur!  Paint flying, cleaning...  Wait, I think I had a burger in there...  Yeah, last week was not a normal week for our household.

Before Painting
As I said in my first blog post, we moved last year.  We actually closed on April 1st (LOL!  Still cracks me up!) and moved in on the 12th.  Last week, I painted the last part of the house that had to be painted.  Well, the last place I could figure out a color for...  My master bath is still unpainted and I can't figure out a color other than pink or coral that will tie sea glass blue and green to olive green...

My poor husband had a devil of a time trying to get things prepped for painting.  Once he got started, he started to notice a lot of things that weren't done well or needed more work than we thought.  For starters, someone along the way painted over wall paper...  So every time you need to patch a hole, say for instance where ancient, primordial security system panels were...  You have to contend with the wall paper.  When you are spackling the nail and screw holes, you realize there is a huge gap in the texture of the wall from the seam of wall paper...  If a new door frame went in after the wall paper was hung, you might have bunching from moisture and pressure...  Just some of the issues he encountered while trying to do the prep work in the foyer...
After Painting

It took 1 1/2 weeks for him to fix all of those kinds of things while I patiently waited to get the paint on the walls.  A lot of time was spent waiting for things to dry and cure before getting paint up.  A lot of in-between cleaning was done to keep wall dust in the house at a minimum...  It took me almost the projected 2 weeks to finish up, but...  It is done!  The last rooms were done exactly 1 year and 1 day after closing.  Of course I had 3 days of clean up afterwards...  Not all due to painting, but... LIFE!


Because we haven't fully gotten settled into the new house, my guest room and "workout" room both have had things just shoved in for storage.  I am not saying that I got those fully organized, but I did make some headway towards having those room "clean".  I can at least vacuum and dust those rooms now.  I did realize while making progress, we need to have a garage sale.  We own a lot of stuff that we have little to no use for...  That is a project for another day...

But you guys don't read my blog for my painting stories, regardless of how relatable they are.  You come here more or less for the crafty goodness that comes out of my down time. 

Let's start with paper since I only did one paper based craft this week.  My grandfather's wife sent my brother down with a horde of crafty supplies a few weeks ago.  She has always been a wonderful grandmother and friend!  Always super generous and she didn't fail to be generous in this gift either.  She needed a Thank You card right away!  So, I made her one!  I forgot to take a picture of it put together, but I did get a bad picture of the two panels.  You can at least see where I was going with the shabby chic Thank You card.

I brought down my bin for hexies and got a handful done.  I thought I had 300 of them upstairs in the craft room, but when I took my new bundle up (hip hip hooray for 100 hexies done), that made 300, so I have at least another 100 left to go...  Here is what I got done though.  I did a happy dance all the way up the stairs to drop them in the stack.

I also had an afternoon where I was able to sit down and make a kid's burger hat...  You might ask yourself why I would make a burger hat...  The answer is simple.  It was there and I liked it!  Come on!  This pattern is epic in its simplicity and fun factor!  The pattern is The Cheeseburger Hat by Devin Lynch.  Go and grab your hooks and get too hooking ladies and gents!  This was so much fun to crank out!

Since I finished the Plum Pudding blanket 2 weeks ago, I needed a new "Car" project.  I went up and grabbed one of the 14 balls of Lion Brand Pound of Love <insert eye roll for the stupid amount of this yarn I own> to start my next baby blanket for Birth Right.  Since I have at least 2 in this colorway I will most likely make hat, booties and/or a sweater to match.  I will keep them all super simple in the garter stitch pattern. 

This isn't the last time Pound of Love will make an appearance though.  I already printed a pattern for a crocheted ripple wave blanket for some of the pinks and whites.  I know I have a ripple wave bonnet pattern somewhere too.

Last night I had this this kawaii cutie come across my Facebook feed.  I just happened to notice that aside from white, all of the colors were already down in the living room as leftovers from working on the Cheeseburger Hat.  So while we watched Justice League (meh-not a bad start, but not nearly as good as Wonder Woman) I went ahead and got started on it.  I have my grandson all week, so in the afternoons I have a feeling I will get some work done on it.  Smore Kawaii Cuddler will be fairly easy to just work on during breaks.

I think that wraps up my crafty work for the last two weeks.  Not much got done on the Dr Who Scarf or even cleaning in the craft room...  The last week really was dedicated to working around my house and trying to make our house more organized.

I ended March with only adding $15 to my total spent.  I found some 6x6 pads on sale/clearance for under $2 a pad.  They were all solids so I went for it.  My year total spent has been $30.25.  I did make $20 by selling some slippers.  I am holding on to it to decided as to whether or not I will give it to myself as a bonus spend at the end of the year.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Blessings to you all!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing