Monday, April 30, 2018

Some one has too much Halloween in her house...

Sorry about last week.  We were fighting our internet provider and had them out here in person for a total of 24 hours plus many calls to figure out what was going on.  It is kind of hard to sit down and write about crafts when you want to throttle half the people you are talking to.

So, this week, I am going to make two posts about what I did last week.  Mostly because my first album ever will take so many pictures to get through.  I am very excited about how this turned out and it really was super easy using the "Brenda" method of album making!  I even used some basic Scotch tape in there!  If you are curious, go and watch MayMay's video.   For some reason they took down part 3 (I think it was because it was blurry) but you get all of the techniques and ideas.

The first part I wanted to share is the small album I made to go into one of the pages.  This is so stinkin' cute, I just want to make it over and over again!


 I was so excited, I even inked the edges where I tore them!  This collection had a few matching washi sets, sticker book and die cuts.  I went super stupid, I bought all of it!
 You can kind of see the page it slides into above this picture.  I was trying to show what the inside really looked like.  I added the "bookmark" cut-a-part so you would have a little tab to pull it in and out of the page band more easily.  The cover circle and the pumpkin circle were fussy cut out of one of the 12x12 pages.







 I wanted to show more of the sizes of the pages and how I alternated the print sides.  The orange spider is also another sticker from the book.










The coffin cut-a-part was just too cute to not use here! 










The back of my mini album.  Washi and stickers!  I know, I just can't contain how happy I am about this little guy!





I just can't believe that turned out at all!  Having never done anything like this before, I am just so surprised that it turned out so well!  Since this is a gypsy journal kind of thing, I had to try really hard to make sure I was adding in things that were kind of rough in texture.

On to the journal flip through.  So I took pictures to show you what it looks like when you turn the page and what the "action" for each page is.  There are so many hidden embellishments in this album, I wanted to share some of them.  This is part of the reason that this post is so picture heavy  and why I am splitting my post for last week into two posts this week!

First up we have the front cover.  This is pretty basic.  We have some cut-a-parts in a pocket.






The first page flip brings us here to a waterfall and "belly band" with pull outs.  I tried to mat everything that was a pull out or a "photo spot".  Some are matted with pattern paper and others with black or orange (had to keep with the colors) cardstock.

Page flip two brings you to another pocket with pull outs and also a waterfall with four matted pages.  You can kind of see the mat that is also under the waterfall.  The waterfall page was my first journal/album page ever made.  I am super excited about it still!

Flip three brings up my mini book and a side pocket.  I really wish I had put the pocket facing the other way, but...  Still works and it still super cute!













Our last flip three brings us to a double pocket with journal/photo spots and a flip out spot.  There are three directional flips and a final photo spot on the bottom.













Our back cover!  Okay, not overly exciting, but here it is!



Thank you guys for staying with me as I went through this.  I won't post such detailed pictures for a journal again.  I am just so excited with how this turned out. 

I hope you guys enjoyed my album and I will be back later this week to update you on the rest of what has been going on here!

Hugs and kisses!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing