Wednesday, May 2, 2018

As promised-- What else have I been working on?

So, as I promised, I am back with the rest of what I have been working on!  This will be a very short compared to my previous post.  My pictures are pretty bad because I have had some issues with remembering to get some light in my pictures...  Yeah, I never said I took good pictures...  I never said I was good a remembering to at least take pictures before dusk...

Okay, not to hit you super hard with Halloween again, but...  I took my scraps from making my journal and cut them into card tops for A2 cards.  I will use these to build my Halloween cards either this year or next.  I also wanted to make a little container to hold them.  I made one of these for some Christmas card tops and really like having them all cute and decorated. 




 OOOH!  I need to show you guys my sad attempts at being organized one day with my card parts!

I got the tutorial from MayMay again...  I know surprise!  I warned you guys the first post this year...  My paper crafting is her fault!  The video tutorial is A2 Card Holder Magazine Style over on the Youtubes.  She walks you through very easily and listening to her commentary on who, what, when, where and how is just GREAT!

Once I got my temp table cleared from the album, I decided to work on some cards.  These are from the Spring releases from Michaels.  I got everything at 68% off or more.  This is all from the Backyard Picnic I believe.  I also have some journal cards from Hobby Lobby that I threw in.  I have had those forever in my stash and they are another clearance item I WAY over bought.



I do have another 16 cards planned but I haven't had time to finish them.  I have a lot of mats to cut out.  I really like the honey bee card, I think that is my favorite so far!

On to the fiber crafts! 

It finally happened you guys!  My Dr Who scarf is finally done!  Forgive my horrid late night selfie, but...  I was so super exited!  I will take some better pictures with the scarf actually on people.  I am only 5'5, so this scarf is HUGE on me!  The finished scarf is around 10 1/2 feet long, but as the pattern stated, it is very stretchy.  It will be about 12 feet long in no time!


















I started working on my scraps from the scarf and made this super cute little hat!  The pattern is Textured Turban by Janaya Chouinard.  I love the way it turned out.  I still might come back with a little button in the flower.



And that is where my projects are this week!

I did want to share where I am on the year for spending.  Remember, this doesn't include things needed because I run out mid project, staples like adhesives/thread/snaps or any product that isn't a stash item.

Year to date total spent is 45.25

Not too bad for what I am getting done and I have been walking away from a lot of sales and deals!

I hope you guys like my posts.  I know I haven't been perfect at getting things up once a week, but I am trying to post more regularly and hoping by the end of the year, I can get at least 2 a week.

Let me know if you want to see anything in particular!

Love and blessings to you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Premier Mystery Box Unboxing